Agency Scope of Service
Virtue Health Care Services is able to provide patients with a comprehensive scope of services on an intermittent or continuous basis in their place of residence. All professional services are provided under the direction of the supervising nurse in accordance with the attending physician's plan of treatment:
Services include but not limited to:
- Skilled nursing
- Physical therapy
- Speech therapy
- Occupational therapy
- Case Management
- Social Worker
- Certified Home Health Aide
- Certified Nursing Assistant.
- Patient and family education
- Wound care
- Cardiac pulmonary care
- Personal care services (bathing, dressing, grooming, etc.)
- Bowel and bladder program
- Diabetic teaching and care
- Anticoagulant monitoring
- Blood pressure monitoring
- Medication management
- Infusion therapies
- Tracheotomy care
- Ventilator care
- Catheter care
- Central line and port maintenance and management
These services may be live-in or on an hourly basis depend on patient’s needs or desires.
Home Care Services
Virtue Health Care Services’ services include, but are not limited to:
- Teaching, supervising, and counseling of the patient and family regarding the nursing
- care needs and related problems of the patient at home
- Assessment and reassessment of the nursing needs of the patient throughout the course of care
- Initiation of preventative and rehabilitative nursing procedures as appropriate for patients care and safety
- Observation of physical and emotional signs and symptoms and reporting to the physician of all reactions to treatment including medication administration.
- Coordination of total patient care
- Provision of nursing services including treatments, diagnostics, and preventative procedures and palliative measure as appropriate.
- Preparation of progress notes, summary reports, medication profiles, discharge summaries, and other documentation
- Development, implementation, review and revision of the nursing care plan
We also provide Wound Care, Ostomy Care, Medication Supervision, Pain Management, Intravenous Infusion therapy, Chemotherapy, Enteral and Parenteral feedings.
Home Care Aides shall meet all requirements for competency and training required by federal and state regulations. Home health aide services shall include but are not limited to:
- Assisting the patient to maintain personal hygiene
- Assisting patient with ambulation as appropriate
- Planning and preparing meals
- Maintaining a healthy, safe environment
- Performing certain treatments when ordered by the physician and approved, instructed and supervised by the nurse or therapist
- Reporting any change in the patient's mental or physical condition or in his home situation to the supervisor
- Documenting clinical notes and participating in case conferences
Pediatric Care Services
- The Pediatric division of Virtue Health Care Services acknowledges the uniqueness of pediatric home care. We offer compassionate community based pediatric care that is family focused. We understand that children with complex, long term as well as short term medical needs have a right to be surrounded by the family love and support that is inherent in the healing process. Virtue Health Care Services is committed to work in tandem with family members as partners to care for these children with special health care needs.
- Comprehensive care plans are prepared for each child. Family needs and goals are incorporated into each child's plan and every effort is made to encourage a successful partnership between families and caregivers. We accept Medicaid, Medicare, Private pay and most major insurances. We provide RN, LPN or aide level services, dependent on the patient’s needs.
- Our professional staff is appropriately licensed and/or certified in the state of Florida and receives ongoing supervision and training.
Senior Care Services
"GETTING OLDER IS HARD WORK"
"FINDING CARE SHOULDN'T BE"
During a difficult time, finding care should be an easy process. Virtue Health Care Services is proud of the services that we provide to our elderly (senior citizens) clients.
- Virtue Health Care Services understands that everyone is unique and has different needs. This is why each client is personally seen by our Registered Nurse who meets with the patient, family and/or loved ones to perform the initial assessment. This comprehensive evaluation guides us in creating a "Plan of Care" that is individual to each patient. Our staff is then oriented to the distinctions of the individual and can therefore provide services specific to their needs.
- Our focus is to meet all of our patients’ needs, as they prepare for home care. We offer quality services in a cost efficient manner, regardless of diagnosis. Whether it is a convalescence period or caring for a chronic or terminal illness, most patients wish to be home, surrounded by their family and friends. Virtue Health Care Services respects these wishes and is dedicated to bring home the care that our patients deserve.
Social Work and Case Management
Virtue Health Care Services provides social services by a qualified medical social worker and a case manager. The social worker performs a range of services that will include but are not limited to:
- Assessment and reassessment of the patient, referral to community resources
- Nursing home and institutional placement assistance
- Assisting patient, family, and team members with social, emotional, and environmental issues relating to the patient’s health problems
- Consulting with the physician regarding the patient’s status if his/her condition is adversely affected by social, environmental or economic conditions
Frequently Asked Questions
- Who pays for home care?
- Is Medicaid different than Medicare?
- How do I find out if I am eligible for Medicaid?
- What services does Medicaid cover?
- How can I receive a replacement Medicaid ID card?
- Can I have Medicare Home Health and Medicaid Community Care at the same time?
- I'm not completely sure what services I need. What now?
- What services does Home Health offer?
- Does Virtue Health Care Services, Inc. provide services to pediatric clients?
- Does Virtue Health Care Services, Inc. have experience providing these programs?
- Do you check Background check?
- What is HIPAA?
- I understand that HIPAA provides a minimum standard of privacy for medical records. How can I find out if my state has stronger laws?
- If I have additional questions, can I contact someone at Virtue?
1. Who pays for home care?
Medicare Part A covers 100% of the cost of necessary home health care. Medicaid covers home health, hospice and personal assistance/community care services. Most health insurance policies and HMOs now cover skilled home health care and hospice. In addition, workers' compensation and the Veteran's Administration cover home health services. The payers often require that services be delivered by a licensed and regulated home care agency, such as Virtue Health Care Services.
Even without the above payer sources, many people choose to pay for home care services out-of-pocket, because they prefer to live at home. By choosing to receive these services through a licensed, reputable and experienced agency like Virtue Health Care Services, they and their loved ones can enjoy the peace of mind of knowing they have made the best decision.
2. Is Medicaid different than Medicare?
Medicaid is different from Medicare
Medicaid is the state and federal partnership that provides health coverage for selected categories of people with low incomes. Its purpose is to improve the health of people who might otherwise go without medical care for themselves and their children. Medicaid is different in every state.
Medicare is a federal health insurance program for people who are age 65 or older or disabled. It is administered by the federal Department of Health and Human Services, Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS). Eligibility for Medicare is not based on the person's income or assets. For more information, please click on the following links:
- The Official U.S. Government Site for People with Medicare
- Medicare Prescription Drug Coverage
3. How do I find out if I am eligible for Medicaid?
Recipient eligibility for Medicaid is determined by the:
Department of Children and Families, Office of Economic Self Sufficiency http://www.dcf.state.fl.us/ess/ - The Department of Children and Families determines eligibility for low-income children and family programs and the institutional care program.
For more information call the toll-free telephone number:
Social Security Administration http://www.ssa.gov/ - The Social Security Administration determines eligibility for the Supplemental Security Income (SSI) program.
Each program has its own income and asset requirements.
Information about Medicaid eligibility criteria for children and family programs can be obtained from the: Department of Children and Families http://www.dcf.state.fl.us/ess/medicaid.shtml web site or the local Children and Families service centers. Information about how to apply for Medicaid is available from local Children and Families service centers. http://www.dcf.state.fl.us/admin/dcfcontacts.shtml
Please click on this link to find out more information: http://ahca.myflorida.com/medicaid/about/about2.shtml
4. What services does Medicaid cover?
Medicaid covers a wide variety of health care services… Please visit this link for specific information: http://ahca.myflorida.com/medicaid/beneficiary.shtml
5. How can I receive a replacement Medicaid ID card?
If your Medicaid card was lost or stolen, please contact the Department of Children and Families toll-free at
1-866-76ACCESS (1-866-762-2237) to request a new card.
6. Can I have Medicare Home Health and Medicaid Community Care at the same time?
Yes, as long as you meet all qualifications and are authorized to receive these services. The services that you receive under Medicare Home Health and Medicaid Community care must not duplicate each other.
7. I'm not completely sure what services I need. What now?
Call our toll-free line and speak with us about your needs. We will help assess what services would be appropriate for you or your love one. We are also happy to speak directly with your physician to develop a plan for your home care. Our toll-free number is 1-877-227-3211 or dial (954) 989-2222.
8. What services does Home Health offer?
- Skilled nursing
- Physical therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Speech therapy
- Social Work
- Case Management
- Home Health Aides
9. Does Virtue Health Care Services, Inc. provide services to pediatric clients?
Yes! Virtue Health Care Services, Inc. provides services to clients under the age of 21 through the Medicaid Services, private insurances and private pay.
10. Does Virtue Health Care Services, Inc. have experience providing these programs?
Yes. Virtue Health Care, Inc. is a licensed and certified Medicaid and Medicare agency. Virtue is certified to provide these programs in the state of Florida
11. Does Virtue Health Care Services perform background check on its employees?
Yes, Virtue thoroughly screens each employee before employment. A level I background check is performed on each candidate after the consent form is signed.
12. What is HIPAA?
HIPAA: “Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act” is a Federal law that was passed in 1996 by Congress which allows portability for group coverage from one carrier to another group carrier. Under HIPAA, pre-existing conditions may not be imposed if group coverage was effective for 12 months and not more than 63 days elapsed between coverage. Thus, HIPAA gives patients a means to the documents which pertain to their medical care; that means someone can leave his/her job and not be turned down for health insurance at a new job under pre-existing conditions.
13. I understand that HIPAA provides a minimum standard of privacy for medical records. How can I find out if my state has stronger laws?
For a state-by-state guide to health privacy laws, go to http://hpi.georgetown.edu/privacy/records.html and choose your state from the list on the right or visit www.healthprivacy.org/info-url_nocat2304/info-url_nocat.htm.
14. If I have additional questions, can I contact someone at Virtue?
Yes. Please call 1-877-227-3211 and you will be connected with the office. A pleasant receptionist will handle your call.